The access to and use of an open and secure cyberspace enables economic growth and innovation, accelerates progress and drives political, social and economic development worldwide. The EU’s cyber diplomacy is focused on ensuring that governments, the private sector, civil society organisations, and end users around the globe understand the impact of an open, free and secure cyberspace on their lives and that they are capable of taking action to protect it.
EU Cyber Diplomacy in Action
- protecting human rights and fundamental freedoms online
- enhancing competitiveness, growth and prosperity
- promoting sustainable digital development in third countries
- promoting a rules-based international order in cyberspace
- shaping the future of Internet Governance
- strengthening engagement with key partners