Our partner Leiden University is recruiting a postdoctoral researcher to become part of the core team working on the EU Cyber Direct - EU Cyber Diplomacy Initiative. We are looking for a solid researcher and organiser who enjoys talking across divides and convening academic experts in workshops and seminars.
Main responsabilities include:
- Conduct independent and collaborative research in the field of cyber security, cyber diplomacy and EU (tech) policy;
- Organise academic conferences and workshops in close cooperation with the other members of the team and co-author policy papers on the basis of events organised by the project;
- Disseminate research findings through high-ranking international blind peer review journals, books, whitepapers, conference presentations, policy reports, policy advice and (inter)national popular media;
- Represent the project at national, European and international events and engage in consultations with other stakeholders in the field;
- Carry out and assist with other duties as determined by the project’s leadership.
Candidates must have:
- A PhD in international relations, politics, international law, public administration or another relevant discipline;
- Extensive knowledge of the field of cyber security, cyber diplomacy and EU policy with a track record of published research on this topic;
- Relevant experience in organizing (academic) events for smaller and larger groups;
- A multidisciplinary background, and experience with working in multi- or interdisciplinary teams;
- Very good communication and presentation skills, and an excellent command of English;
- A ‘can do’ mentality and a team player spirit.
Terms and conditions
The successful candidate will be part of an ambitious and dynamic team. You will initially be appointed for one year with the possibility of renewal until 31 December 2025. Salary ranges from € 3.974, - to € 5.439, - gross per month (pay scale 11), in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
Leiden University oﬀers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3%), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break.
Please submit your application no later than 16 November 2022 via the application system of Leiden University. Please ensure that you upload the following additional documents in PDF format, quoting the vacancy number:
- Motivation letter;
- Curriculum vitae including a list of publications;
- A sample publication;
- The names and addresses of three potential referees.
For more information check the vacancy notice or contact Prof. Dr. Dennis Broeders (email@example.com), Project Coordinator for EU Cyber Direct.